John Varvatos + Stuart House
BENEFITTING STUART HOUSE
By expanding the reach of an A-list event from the glitterati to the digerati, Charitybuzz helped John Varvatos raise more money for the Stuart House than anyone thought possible.
Backstage meet-and-greet with members of Kiss. VIP access to the John Varvatos show at Fashion Week in Milan. A day in the studio with Howard Stern. These were some of the once-in-a-lifetime experiences up for bid when Charitybuzz partnered with three-time Menswear Designer of the Year John Varvatos in support of Stuart House, a program of the Rape Treatment Center of Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center that serves the needs of sexually abused children.
WHAT THEY WANTED
- To raise funds for Stuart House
- Amplify message with media coverage and social media buzz from ground up
- Create a halo effect for the John Varvatos brand/li>
WHAT WE DID
- Ran once-in-a-lifetime experience auctions with top celebrities including Kiss, Jessica Simpson, Rachel Zoe, Diane Von Furstenberg, Howard Stern, Rush and Pharrell.
- Provided a strong point of view on which items should be auctioned at the live event versus online in order to maximize fundraising from all sources.
- Executed a diverse media campaign, amplifying the message by providing participating celebrities with sample language to share through their own social media channels.
WHAT THEY GOT
- Raised a total of $1.1 million for Stuart House over 3 years.
- Generated extensive earned media and major trending in social media.
- Connected with a new donor base, allowing for massive fundraising growth even as Stuart House was simultaneously reaching out to core donors for a major capital campaign.
Total Media Placements